July 2, 2010

Mr. Mom

UPDATE:  Now we have video evidence that Mom did in fact come home.  And there was crying.  Two times.


Angela went to girls camp for the last 5 days, leaving the 4 of us kids here unsupervised.

Some observations and experiences from the past week without a Mommy, in no particular order:
1. Analise wanted to wear the same shirt everyday. I didn't really see why she couldn't.
2. Meals for the baby included oatmeal, milk, graham crackers, and a few jars of baby food. Not too bad until you eat it for about 4-5 meals a day. I just didn't know what else to feed her.
3. Observant Mom yesterday @ park: "Are your daughters pants on backwards?" ummm, yes.
4. Meals for the big sisters rotated between their choice of PB&J sandwiches, mac & cheese, hot dogs, and bowls of cereal. Oh, and McDonald's.
5. When Mom left on Monday, it wasn't until Wednesday night at church that anything besides sleep happened to the girls hair. I wish I had taken a picture before the nice ladies at church helped fix this. Because Kaya's hair was looking pretty awesome. Kind of like that girl on American Idol this last season.
6. At end of each day, I'd think, "I can't believe Angela does this EVERY day."
7. At end of Day 4, I was thinking "I'm not cleaning anything. I don't care. It's so impossible to keep anything clean that I'm not even going to try anymore." Yes, it looks like a bomb went off. In every room in our house. Except the kitchen, because I've mainly been using paper plates.
8. When the girls ask for ice cream, it's hard to say no. Because I'd kind of like some too. The girls have picked up on this and exploited it consistently.
9. We've done a full summers worth of activities in this 5 days, because the inmates are much easier to watch when they're at Chuck E Cheez, the park, swimming, jumping @ inflatable playland, riding bikes, going to a baseball game, etc.
10. The struggles to get them to go to sleep are minimized when you don't put them to sleep until a few hours after bedtime.

We are all so excited that Mommy is coming home today. She might not recognize her house or her kids, but all in all, I kept them alive and she got her first 5 day break from parenting in the last 6 years. I just hope the break wasn't so good that she decides to just stay at girls camp-- indefinitely

4 comments:

  1. That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time. Nice work Luke!!! I'm very impressed with your parenting skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny. I agree about the cleaning and wondering why the kids have to change their clothes very day.
    Jared

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 03, 2010

    this post is totally entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, this post is hilarious, Luke! The girls probably liked that week a lot, huh (except for Alivia maybe)? Ice cream all the time - now that's what I call fun. And I probably couldn't say no either. ;) Now I miss you guys even more (it's awfully quiet around here ;) Tell all of them I said Hi.

    ReplyDelete