December 16, 2010

My date with a living legend

I got the chance to see Joe Paterno and Penn State play against Temple. It was a really cool experience:  Pre-game tailgate. 2nd row tix right behind the bench where you can watch the coaches cuss out the players. Post-game tailgate.  Oh, and a 3.5 hour drive each way.  Thanks to Angela for letting me go.  I've been begging her to let me go since we got to New Jersey.
I think from here on out -- if I go to a college football game, I want 2 tailgates worth of bbq or I'm going to feel ripped off.  But I can do without the 7 hours of driving.

That guy on the side is not peeing in the corner.... I'm pretty sure...
Stadium seats 110,000.  University Park only has 10,000 residents.
This is where our seats were.  I learned some new expletives from the D-line coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment