In a recent bout with "Mid Life Crisis" my oldest brother J.B. decided that he wanted to run a marathon when he turned 40. I told him I'd run with him, and we have spent the last 3 months training together via text message. And to our surprise, our other brother Randy joined us and lost approx 40-50 pounds during his 2 months of training. We had a ton of fun with our mini-family reunion and we all finished! Here are some pix and memorable moments from the trip.
 |
We all went out for a pasta dinner the night before. Angela wrestled 3 kids into compliance.
She tried to enjoy being out with the bro's, but the look on her face says it all, doesn't it? |
 |
| Back at the hotel, Analise & Kaya ready to hit the pool with Daddy. |
 |
| Cousin Addison cheering on Analise for her "Monument Mile". She ran the whole mile race without stopping, or falling (which is good since they ran on an asphalt parking lot!) |
 |
| Luke & J.B. shortly after the finish. J.B. looks like he's ready for 10 more miles, doesn't he? |
 |
Shortly after Randy finished. He was the 5th fastest distance runner in the nation in 8th grade.
Now he's 5th in the family! |
 |
| The 3 brothers! Triumphant and tired. |
 |
Our group @ the finish line. It was really fun getting together with the brothers.
We thought it was awfully rude of our oldest brother to beat us so badly, but he didn't seem to have any remorse. |
 |
While we were @ the Marathon, some hoodlams busted the windows on our van and J.B.'s car.
A frustrating finish to a very fun and memorable trip. We had to vacuum all the glass out of the van, tape & cardboard up the window for the ride home. |
We are certain that some robber in D.C. is walking around telling other robbers "Don't ever rob a mini-van". Because this aspiring delinquent discovered that mini-vans aren't full of valuables... they're full of diapers, wipes, Pillow Pets, crumbs, books, blankets, and carseats. I also need to say that he MISSED with his 1st throw of the rock, and he hit the window frame on the top right side, instead of hitting the window. Although this cost me extra money to fix, I have to say, it's provided me great utility to picture this guy throwing a rock from 3 feet away and MISSING the whole freaking window on a minivan! I mean, come on son! That window is like 3 feet wide and 2 feet high. If you can't hit that target, you need to find a new profession or hire a designated thrower for your next target. (Which won't ever be a minivan.)
Impressive Luke!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Luke, I've wanted to tell you forever that I love your blog, but barely figured out how to comment on it :) (You must have the comments set to private or something?) Not only are you one of my most favorite nephews, you are an absolutely awesome writer. Really witty! I'm glad you finally updated, I've been checking back since Christmas ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you and your darling family,
Aunt Lynnie
(Your girls are getting so grown up - Angela, they always look so cute!!)