Everything REALLY IS Bigger in Texas
I truly believe this is the picture they'll use of me on the news if I ever go to jail for anything.
![]() |
| "The Big Guns" = 50 caliber sniper rifle |
I generally think that when someone is working on a dissertation, that weapons or sharp items of any kind should be kept at a safe distance until the mental health of the grad student has stabilized. I also have the impression that you can visit just about any house in Texas and see an impressive gun collection. Just saying.
While Dad has been working on dissertation and eating BBQ, brisket, burritos, TexMex, and fish tacos -- Angela has lived up to her WonderWoman reputation and kept 3 baby girls happy and healthy at home while I get this done. Her little sister Erica saved the day by agreeing to come out and provide back-up for almost two weeks before she starts working at her new job. They have their hands full, but they have managed to work in a trip to the Museum of Natural History, the Manhattan Temple, the Jersey shore (Editors note: I think you can still go to the LDS temple after visiting the actual Jersey shore, just not after you visit with the actual cast of Jersey Shore). And they will be hitting a Broadway Show later this week if they can find a babysitter.

"I generally think that when someone is working on a dissertation, that weapons or sharp items of any kind should be kept at a safe distance until the mental health of the grad student has stabilized."
ReplyDeleteYou are so right - and absolutely hilarious! I'm just not sure I ever fully regained my mental health after finishing my thesis ...