August 19, 2010

Germany Leipzig Mission Reunion - 10 years later

Angela had a reunion w/ her East German Mission (that no longer exists). It was a lot of fun to see old companions and friends and see how they're doing a decade later.  We had some friends from Germany visit us this summer, so it has been a fun summer for Angela to remember her times in Germany.
(Editors note:  I would not have lasted 2 years on a mission to East Germany, so I was sent to a tropical island with a fun-loving people in the Philippines.  German missionaries really get a lot of respect from me.)

"Sister Esplin" and President & Sister Moss
Germany Leipzig Mission:  10 yrs & lots of kids later
The companions that wrote the Mission President saying "don't transfer us, we're good". (Sister Peo)
The trainer (Sister Nelson)
Sister Webb
Sister Jensen
Aside from the spiritual experiences, learning, cultural experiences, and development that come w/ serving a mission -- my opinion is that it's one of the best marriage preparation experiences you can have. 
I remember when I was dating Angela that I was impressed that Angela liked EVERY companion she had and it seems like they liked her too.  So I had a guess that she'd be a pretty easy person to live with, and if I could go back in time, I'd just tell younger stupider me, that "you have no idea what you've got here... you better lock her up."  [As in, put a ring on her finger ASAP, not as in other forms of locking women up].

No comments:

Post a Comment